Thursday 8 February 2018

Music Video rough cut one - no grade


This is my first rough cut for my music video. Overall I have quite happy with how it has turned out. I feel that I have done a good job of bringing my storyboard to life and I think this video represents what I had in mind for the video to look and feel like. I really like the structure and progression of both the narrative and performance elements of the video and feel they build really nicely, giving the video a really nice rhythm and dynamic in relation to the music. This cut was only to establish the story of the piece and get a rough idea of where I wanted shots to be fit in and to get a sense of the overall feel of the music video. Overall I'm happy with how the video looks visually however there are some things that need fixing, for example there are moments within the video where the lip syncing is out of sync. These will need amending before moving onto colour grading. To colour grade these clips i want to create a sense of night to all the shots so this will mean colour grading will be quite a large task in order to make this convincing. Another aspect I am unhappy with is some of the Gopro footage as I don't think it is sharp enough however this may jus be down to lack of contrast so I may be able to correct this in post. I want to create a continuity between the performance and narrative colour grades also so the video flows a lot smoother. I am contemplating a title for the first shot as I have seen in in some of the music videos I had researched prior to shooting. I have altered the beginning of the video as the long tracking shot I had planned and shot was just too dark and unusable however I do feel this intro works just as well and could be enhanced by putting a title over the first shot. My next step would be to produce the final video including shot corrections and fixing lip syncing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Evaluation Q4

Use of digital media and technology to create my final products.