Wednesday 28 March 2018

Magazine ad 2


Revising my previous magazine idea I decided to completely redesign my initial idea. Despite the main photo being taken directly from a shoot for the video I did not feel it suited the band identity as much as it could have done. Being that the band mainly posts photos on social media of their band gigs there is often coloured lighting throughout their existing identity so I thought it would be more effective to incorporate this aspect into my magazine advert as it was more likely to relate to their existing brand image. I chose not to focus on iconography of the band and instead focused on the iconography of the album its self. By using a central photo of the album cover this would draw the attention of the piece towards the album. This is another reason for using a background image that would not distract from the main cover. By using the same minimalist concept of my previous advert idea I was still able to achieve the striking appeal of the advert by using vibrant colours and minimal text and details of the advert which would lead to a greater enigma about the product. Encouraging people to research the album themselves and thus then create greater interest about the products. I also included appropriate logos to show where the music can be accessed online, including links to the bands main social media. Overall I feel this advert is better suited to the rest of the marketing campaign due to its aesthetic and focus, I feel it really suits the rest of the campaign, sustaining a similar brand image. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Evaluation Q4

Use of digital media and technology to create my final products.