Monday 26 March 2018

Magazine ad- draft one


Large photo - Band performance. Central album cover text below. record label. band name above like this. Scrap logo. coloured lighting.


For this draft I wanted to use a typical digipak genre convention of the genre I was working on and base my magazine advert around symbolism of the album as oppose to iconography of the band. I used stills taken from video production for the base image. Establishing a link between the digipak and video. This created more continuity across each aspect of my marketing campaign, linking the three products together. I wanted to create interest for the band through creating identity enigma. By using the car as the symbol of the album giving no implementation as to who the album was by the audience would be more intrigued by the advert and therefore more driven to listen. This obviously has a flip side and it is something I did take into consideration, that having no band identity would potentially miss an audience interested in the band. To counter this however, I included the band logo over the main image to help promote the band identity and link the album back to the band its self.

This advert is based on a minimalist concept. I didn't want to add too much to my magazine advert as it may have become crowded and lose its professional sense. I felt that to help link to my theme creating enigma, less was definitely more. Using the same fonts from the Digipak I titled the ad. Editing the main photo I used a faded film filter which helped create contrast between the photo and digipak cover below. Making the cover stand out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Evaluation Q4

Use of digital media and technology to create my final products.