Monday 5 February 2018

Production Log 2




2/2 shoots complete for the narrative section of the video. For this part of the overall music video I wanted to lift the oppressive tone I had crafted within the narrative for the build up to the chorus. I wanted to create an overall sense of success and prosperity as the protagonist finally started his car along with his friends help and they finally get to drive it through the lovely country roads surrounding his house. I wanted to set this section at dusk to allow us to get a sense of mystery within the area which is then burnt away by the warmth of the cars headlights. I felt this would really help tie in with the visuals I will also aim to create with the band in the studio shoot. With the band working within the indie genre you will often hear the music primarily played at night or within the winter months and I felt shooting at night really suited the tone and rhythm the song had. I feel this shoot was a success as I was lucky enough to be shooting on a day with really dramatic and cold weather which contrasts to the mood within the car, giving the overall message that friendship and hard work can face and beat any problem which gives a nice overall message to the song its self.

Initially I had planned to spend a lot more time shooting this section of the narrative however instead of working shot by shot from the storyboard I decided to go more with my gut when shooting this part of the video taking key shots from the storyboard and making sure they were shot before collecting additional shots I could place within the video should they be needed. I wanted to shoot in better light conditions so I could make the shots seem more into the night than they were and this would allow me to retain more detail within the frame. My next step is to create a rough cut along with the footage I will obtain from shooting the band which will be done tomorrow 6/02/17.

I decided to take more photos on this shoot but only for social media purposes so I could promote the progress of the video giving people a sense that it is soon to be released. This will create an interest leading to the release of the product which will hopefully be the end of the week. I aim to use existing band photos I have taken along side the front shot of the car in the garage door in order to create the digipak and magazine ad as I feel this would suit the aesthetic of the band and overall tone to their music more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Evaluation Q4

Use of digital media and technology to create my final products.